Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I remove carriage returns from a cell

I have a program that when the information is put into an excel 2003 format
it appears as below all in 1 cell. I need to be able to have it all on 1
line to be able to do a text to columns to get just the information I need.

"FED WIRE OUT ORIGINATOR:
INC AC/ BENEFICIARY:
RECVBNK: ABA: RFB:200807
OBI: TRANSFER
ACCOUNT TRN:
FED REF/TIME: DATE:08-01-08 POST TIME:09:26:03"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use that alt-enter in the data|text to columns wizard.

Use the Other box and hit ctrl-j.
(It may not look like you entered anything, but try it.)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You also might try the

=CLEAN(A1)

function. This often strips carriage returns from text, depending on
exactly how they are created.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire