-   -   Round up to next .5 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/209326-round-up-next-5-a.html)

LKP

Round up to next .5

I am trying to find a formula that will round a number up to the next .5. I
have tried MROUND which gets it to a number that ends in .5, but doesn't
round it up. Does anyone know how to do this?

Pete_UK

Round up to next .5

Try this:

=CEILING(A1,0.5)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 6, 3:21*pm, LKP wrote:
I am trying to find a formula that will round a number up to the next .5. *I
have tried MROUND which gets it to a number that ends in .5, but doesn't
round it up. *Does anyone know how to do this?

Glenn

Round up to next .5

LKP wrote:
I am trying to find a formula that will round a number up to the next .5. I
have tried MROUND which gets it to a number that ends in .5, but doesn't
round it up. Does anyone know how to do this?

=CEILING(A1,0.5)

LKP

Round up to next .5

Never mind. Found it in another post. Thanks!

"LKP" wrote:

I am trying to find a formula that will round a number up to the next .5. I
have tried MROUND which gets it to a number that ends in .5, but doesn't
round it up. Does anyone know how to do this?

LKP

Round up to next .5

Thanks guys!

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Try this:

=CEILING(A1,0.5)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 6, 3:21 pm, LKP wrote:
I am trying to find a formula that will round a number up to the next .5. I
have tried MROUND which gets it to a number that ends in .5, but doesn't
round it up. Does anyone know how to do this?

Pete_UK

Round up to next .5

You're welcome.

Pete