-   -   How to keep zeros at the begining of a number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/209093-how-keep-zeros-begining-number.html)

sockst

How to keep zeros at the begining of a number

When I merge data together the zeros are removed from the begining of the data.
EX SSSD 001234 0 , when merged by =(cell "A2" & cell "B2" & cell "c2")
the zero are removed making it: "SSSD1234" when it needs to be "SSSD0012340"

How do I maintain the zeros in the data I want to merge??

Alan Moseley

How to keep zeros at the begining of a number

I have formatted A2, B2 and C2 as text and entered in your suggested values.
In D2 I have entered:-
=A2 & B2 & C2
Your required value is returned.

--
Alan Moseley IT Consultancy
http://www.amitc.co.uk

If I have solved your problem, please click Yes below. Thanks.

"sockst" wrote:

When I merge data together the zeros are removed from the begining of the data.
EX SSSD 001234 0 , when merged by =(cell "A2" & cell "B2" & cell "c2")
the zero are removed making it: "SSSD1234" when it needs to be "SSSD0012340"

How do I maintain the zeros in the data I want to merge??

Pete_UK

How to keep zeros at the begining of a number

Try it this way:

=A2 & B2 & TEXT(C2,"0000000")

The zeros in the TEXT function determine how many characters to include and
will fill with leading zeros where necessary.

Hope this helps.

Pete