-   -   Creating links to a worksheet on a network. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/20891-creating-links-worksheet-network.html)

Peter Vousden

Creating links to a worksheet on a network.

Hi,

Can link to a file in any directory or on the network by manually finding it
and pressing OK, but have loads to do so was hoping to write the links
myself. Now I know that the following works for a directory on my hard disk:

=sum('c:\data\[13.xls]Sheet1'!e17:e19)

but how is this changed for \\Server\c\dir1\subdir2[file.xls]!e3.....??

Have tried a mass of options but no joy.... Also want to break up the
strings and concatenate them so that can just change 1 variable per worksheet
- that still works, right??

Many thanks in advance.....
Peter