-   -   Users must save as new spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/208827-users-must-save-new-spreadsheet.html)

springtimetigger

Users must save as new spreadsheet

My company an estimate worksheet that is protected with certain validations.
What they want is for the users to have to save the estimate that they that
filled out under a different name in their own folder. Is there a way to do
this?

Pete_UK

Users must save as new spreadsheet

Perhaps you could write-protect the file so that they cannot save the
file with the same name. If you are working on a network then your IT
guys should be able to give the workers read access to the master file
but not write-access to the folder, so they would have to save it
elsewhere.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 3, 6:30*pm, springtimetigger
wrote:
My company an estimate worksheet that is protected with certain validations. *
What they want is for the users to have to save the estimate that they that
filled out under a different name in their own folder. *Is there a way to do
this?

Duke Carey

Users must save as new spreadsheet

One way is to save the file on the network, then provide everybody with a
small workbook that has a one-line macro in it

Workbooks.add(full network path & name)

Excel will create a new workbook that is a COPY of the master.

"springtimetigger" wrote:

My company an estimate worksheet that is protected with certain validations.
What they want is for the users to have to save the estimate that they that
filled out under a different name in their own folder. Is there a way to do
this?

Serendipity

Users must save as new spreadsheet

You can save them as a template. Excell will automatically save them in the
templates filter of your computer. You can change that to the folder of your
choice. When a user opens the template, it will automatically add a 1 to the
worksheet name and force you to save as.

I use this frequently on a large variety of templates / forms that are built
in excell and it has worked very well for me and the other users. To make
changes to the template, a user must obviously choose to do so

Serendipity