-   -   Function Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/208648-function-help.html)

Sdbenn90

Function Help

I need help with a function that will do the following. Based on the level, a
specific number of unit will be assigned to that level and the summed . In
this case Level one can complete 48-59 units. Can I check the summed total to
make sure it is in the range for a level one?

Col A Col B
Level 1 22 <--Units
22
12

56 <--Summed total of the above units
in this example for level 1, 56 does fall between 48-59

i could use true or false but ultimately i like to color the summed total
green if it falls between the range for that level or red if it does not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Max

Function Help

You can use conditional formatting

Assuming the sum cell is say, B6
Select B6, then apply CF using Formula is:

Condition 1: =AND(B6=48,B6<=59)
Format: Green

Condition 2: =OR(AND(B60,B6<48),B659)
Format: Red
Click to OK out
--
Max
Singapore
"Sdbenn90" wrote:
I need help with a function that will do the following. Based on the level, a
specific number of unit will be assigned to that level and the summed . In
this case Level one can complete 48-59 units. Can I check the summed total to
make sure it is in the range for a level one?

Col A Col B
Level 1 22 <--Units
22
12

56 <--Summed total of the above units
in this example for level 1, 56 does fall between 48-59

i could use true or false but ultimately i like to color the summed total
green if it falls between the range for that level or red if it does not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sdbenn90

Function Help

Worked Great, Thanks. However I have 6 different levels. Depending on the
level
(1-6) if the summed total is between the appropriate level.

"Sdbenn90" wrote:
I need help with a function that will do the following. Based on the level, a
specific number of unit will be assigned to that level and the summed . In
this case Level one can complete 48-59 units. Can I check the summed total to
make sure it is in the range for a level one?

Col A Col B
Level 1 22 <--Units
22
12

56 <--Summed total of the above units
in this example for level 1, 56 does fall between 48-59

i could use true or false but ultimately i like to color the summed total
green if it falls between the range for that level or red if it does not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Max

Function Help

"Sdbenn90" wrote:
Worked Great, Thanks.

Good to hear. Take a moment to press the Yes button (like the ones below) in
that response which helped, won't you?

However I have 6 different levels. Depending on the level
(1-6) if the summed total is between the appropriate level.

That's a different ballgame. Suggest you try a new posting in .programming.
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:20,500 Files:363 Subscribers:64
xdemechanik
---