-   -   match question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/208571-match-question.html)

Belinda7237

match question

I am trying to match 3 columns of data and return a value in column 4 based
on the 3 responses.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4

Ship New X
return a 6

Boat Old blank
returns a 4

I have a grid of responses for each scenerio in table A Rows 1-4
Almost like a vlookup but they have to meet three criteria to return the
value
and the table has every scenerio covered.

What is the best formula?

John C[_2_]

match question

If you are needing a value based on 3 criteria, then sumproduct is the
formula best suited:
=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$100=criteria1),--($B$1:$B$100=criteria2),--($C$1:$C$100=criteria3),($D$1:$D$100))

modify ranges as needed.
--
** John C **