-   -   sumif with multiple sums (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/208333-sumif-multiple-sums.html)

Shi Gharib

sumif with multiple sums

hi,
I need to use the SUMIF or the SUMPRODUCT functions with multiple sums. for
example : if I have 4 columns A, B, C, D i want a formula that calculates B
minus C minus D if Column A matches certain name or value

thanks in advance
--
Shi Gharib

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

sumif with multiple sums

Hi,

You can use a simple IF() function here

=if(A1="Name",B1-C1-D1,"")

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Shi Gharib" wrote in message
hi,
I need to use the SUMIF or the SUMPRODUCT functions with multiple sums.
for
example : if I have 4 columns A, B, C, D i want a formula that calculates
minus C minus D if Column A matches certain name or value

thanks in advance
--
Shi Gharib

Bob Phillips[_3_]

sumif with multiple sums

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A20="some_value"),B2:B20-C2:C20-D2:D20)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Shi Gharib" wrote in message
hi,
I need to use the SUMIF or the SUMPRODUCT functions with multiple sums.
for
example : if I have 4 columns A, B, C, D i want a formula that calculates
minus C minus D if Column A matches certain name or value

thanks in advance
--
Shi Gharib

Shi Gharib