-   -   Substraction formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/208330-substraction-formula.html)

Roger

Substraction formula

How do I substract a range of cells, one at a time, from a cell that has a sum?
For example, cell J187 is the sum of cells C182:C186, ( which is the sum of
a weeks worth of due bills). What I want to do is, in cell K187, have a
formula that substracts each amount from C182:186, one at a time as they are
paid, allowing me to see how much is stilled owed for that week. Is this
possible?

Thanks,
Roger

T. Valko

Substraction formula

Do you use a cell to mark each amount as paid?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Roger" wrote in message
How do I substract a range of cells, one at a time, from a cell that has a
sum?
For example, cell J187 is the sum of cells C182:C186, ( which is the sum
of
a weeks worth of due bills). What I want to do is, in cell K187, have a
formula that substracts each amount from C182:186, one at a time as they
are
paid, allowing me to see how much is stilled owed for that week. Is this
possible?

Thanks,
Roger

Sheeloo[_3_]

Substraction formula

Add a $ before the column letters in your formulae before choosing PASTE
SPECIAL and click on Formula and Transpose both.

Relative references get updated while pasting formulae.

"Roger" wrote:

How do I substract a range of cells, one at a time, from a cell that has a sum?
For example, cell J187 is the sum of cells C182:C186, ( which is the sum of
a weeks worth of due bills). What I want to do is, in cell K187, have a
formula that substracts each amount from C182:186, one at a time as they are
paid, allowing me to see how much is stilled owed for that week. Is this
possible?

Thanks,
Roger

Sheeloo[_3_]

Substraction formula

Sorry posted this response was intended for another post

Enter "Paid" to the next cell for bills paid RANGE D182:186
then use this
=SUMPRODUCT(--(D182:D186<"Paid"),(C182:C186)) in any cell

"Roger" wrote:

How do I substract a range of cells, one at a time, from a cell that has a sum?
For example, cell J187 is the sum of cells C182:C186, ( which is the sum of
a weeks worth of due bills). What I want to do is, in cell K187, have a
formula that substracts each amount from C182:186, one at a time as they are
paid, allowing me to see how much is stilled owed for that week. Is this
possible?

Thanks,
Roger

Roger

Substraction formula

Yes, as I pay each bill in the range (C182 through C186), In the next
columns, E & F, I enter the date paid and the amount paid. As I enter the
amount paid in column E, I want it to decrease the "weekly total due" in cell
J. Make sense?

Thanks,
Roger