-   -   Is there something like a SUMIF that just returns the info. in a c (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/208314-there-something-like-sumif-just-returns-info-c.html)

markholt

Is there something like a SUMIF that just returns the info. in a c

The cell I want to return is not numeric.
Or maybe an IF - that checks a whole column of data..& returns a cell when
it is true.

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

Is there something like a SUMIF that just returns the info. in a c

Yes, you need to be more specific with what you are looking up and what you
want it to return

=INDEX(A:A,MATCH("X",B:B,0))

if it finds X in column B it will return what's in A in the same row and if
not found it will return #N/A

You can also look at VLOOKUP

Peo Sjoblom