Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default trying to set conditions for a range of cells

I'm trying to set up a formula that will do an Equation if a word and a
thickness of lumber is present in any of a range of cells. I have used cells
A2:A10 to be a word, and B2:B10 to be a thickness of lumber. The formula I
have now is =IF(AND(A2="poplar",B2<1),1*C2*D2/144+0.05*C2*D2/144,"") this
works fine but I would like if ANY cells from A2 thru A10 said poplar and ANY
cells from B2 thru B10 is less than 1 it would preform the equation I have.
Right now I have to have multiple columns with the formulas entered for each
type of wood and thickness.
Thanks,
Mike