-   -   Why is my cell displaying the formula ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/207687-why-my-cell-displaying-formula.html)

STARR

Why is my cell displaying the formula ?

I tried formatting the cells as general before and after I entered the
formula but I kept seeing the formula in the cell not the result.
I eventually added a new sheet and it worked ok.But I still wanted to know
what happened

Mike H

Why is my cell displaying the formula ?

Hi,

Try this.

Hold down the Ctrl key and tap ` which is to the left of the 1 key and you
should see your formulas. Do it again and you'll get your formula results
back.

The other way is Tools|Options|View tab and check/un-check formulas.

Is that what you saw?

Mike