-   -   Pivot Tables and Groupings (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/207545-pivot-tables-groupings.html)

RobFJ[_2_]

Pivot Tables and Groupings

I've got a pivot table where one of the fields I'm analysing is people's
birthdays.

At the moment the table is giving a unique row instance based on day month
and year

Is there a way I can make the pivot table group only on year.

Tx

Glenn

Pivot Tables and Groupings

RobFJ wrote:
I've got a pivot table where one of the fields I'm analysing is people's
birthdays.

At the moment the table is giving a unique row instance based on day month
and year

Is there a way I can make the pivot table group only on year.

Tx

Look at "Create your own formula in a PivotTable or PivotChart report" in the
help file.

Roger Govier[_3_]

Pivot Tables and Groupings

Hi Rob

With the Birthdate field as a Row item, right click on any DataGroup and
Show DetailGroup byHighlight Year, and make sure that Month and day are
not highlightedOK

Grouping can only occur if all values in the field are true Excel dates.
If any are Text values, or Blanks, then you will get the error message
"cannot Group by that selection"
--
Regards
Roger Govier