-   -   Conditional Format based on a different cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/207364-conditional-format-based-different-cell.html)

Ramos

Conditional Format based on a different cell

Hello, I'm trying to have cell a3 highlight when I enter a value if value in
cell a1 = yes. PLEASE HELP!

klswvu[_2_]

Conditional Format based on a different cell

In Cell a3... Format Conditional Formatting
Condition 1 change drop down from "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is"
Enter the formula... =A1="Yes"
Click the Format button and set the format.

"Ramos" wrote:

Hello, I'm trying to have cell a3 highlight when I enter a value if value in
cell a1 = yes. PLEASE HELP!

Ramos

Conditional Format based on a different cell

Thanks... a3 does highlight when a1 has a value of yes but I only want a3 to
highlight also when I enter a value into a3.

"Ramos" wrote:

Hello, I'm trying to have cell a3 highlight when I enter a value if value in
cell a1 = yes. PLEASE HELP!

David Biddulph[_2_]

Conditional Format based on a different cell

It might have been wise for you to have said so when you asked your
question.

=AND(A1="Yes",A3<"")
--
David Biddulph