-   -   I want a value hidden if it is 0 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/207271-i-want-value-hidden-if-0-a.html)

Jimboscomp

I want a value hidden if it is 0

I am making a invoice out of a spreadhseet using functions and the such.

I want to make the invoice kind of a "template" i guess you could say with
all the functions in there, just need to enter the values. And lets say I
don't have any items on lines 2-8, so I want the total amount to be 0, or
hidden.
Example: In Cell I-15, the function is "=F15*G15". In F-15 the value is 2,
G-15 the value is 65, because I did 2 hours at $65 per hour. In I-15 it comes
up and says $130.00. That's great. But what I wanted to know is if say I want
to enter the rest of the formulas down the invoice (I have 10 lines preset).
But IF I dont put anything in rows 16-25, then instead of $0.00 showing up in
Cells I-16 - I-25, it won't show anything. Is this possible? I can provide
the spreadhseet if you need better clarification. Thanks!

David Biddulph[_2_]

I want a value hidden if it is 0

If you want to be blank if it's zero, you can do it by conditional
formatting, or by custom formatting, or by a formula like
=IF(F15*G15=0,"",F15*G15)

This would, however, leave it blank if the value was genuinely zero, and you
may prefer to provide the blank result only when one or more of the inputs
is blank, so
=IF(COUNT(F15,G15)=2,F15*G15,"")
--
David Biddulph

"Jimboscomp" wrote in message
[...]

Sheeloo[_3_]

I want a value hidden if it is 0

=IF(F15*G15=0,"",F15*G15)
it will show the result only if it is non-zero...

or you can have custom format as
0.00;(0.00);
This will show positive nos with two decimals, negative in () and supress 0.

"Jimboscomp" wrote:

[...]

Thank you both of you! That was a very big help and did exactly what I wanted
it to do. I'm a bit old school when it comes to managing finances on the
computer, I tried Quicken and Quickbooks and don't like them, so good old
Excel will do me just fine. Thanks!