Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default basic sum with a variable twist

Hi,

I do not know where to start here so I will try to explain what I want to do.

I have a cell - Total Qty
- Remaining Qty

I also have a list which is updated each time stock is taken to show the
following
Product Date Amount
32203 21/10/2008 30
17747 25/10/2008 10
32203 30/10/2008 15
P14567 05/11/2008 50
32203 12/11/2008 20
As you can see the product and amount are variables and the list goes on
each time it is updated with info

What I want is to populate and update the Remaining Qty cell to be the Total
Qty cell minus any qty on the above list.

Therefore each time stock is taken we have an accurate read of the remaining
qty.

Hope someone can help here.

Thanks
Leanne

Leanne M (Aussie)
(Changed Display name from Leanne)
United Kingdom
(Don''t ask me what an Aussie is doing living in the UK!)