-   -   How do I put cell data in between another cells data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/206850-how-do-i-put-cell-data-between-another-cells-data.html)

VictorKulikowski

How do I put cell data in between another cells data

My question deals with editing a description of a good.

What I would like to do is in cell A1 keep the data up to the first space in
that cell. At that point of the space I would like to enter in the data from
cell B1. After the insert of cell B1 I want it to continue on with the
description from cell A1 afer the space and added data. All this data needs
to be returned in cell C1. With a final outcome of;

A1= Widget A 1/2 widget
B1= (12345)
C1= Widget (12345) A 1/2 widget

Mike H

How do I put cell data in between another cells data

Try this in c1

=LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)) & A2 &MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1,1),LEN(A1))

Mike

"VictorKulikowski" wrote:

My question deals with editing a description of a good.

What I would like to do is in cell A1 keep the data up to the first space in
that cell. At that point of the space I would like to enter in the data from
cell B1. After the insert of cell B1 I want it to continue on with the
description from cell A1 afer the space and added data. All this data needs
to be returned in cell C1. With a final outcome of;

A1= Widget A 1/2 widget
B1= (12345)
C1= Widget (12345) A 1/2 widget

Bernard Liengme

How do I put cell data in between another cells data

Try
=LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1)&" "&B1&MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1),255)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"VictorKulikowski" wrote in
message ...
My question deals with editing a description of a good.

What I would like to do is in cell A1 keep the data up to the first space
in
that cell. At that point of the space I would like to enter in the data
from
cell B1. After the insert of cell B1 I want it to continue on with the
description from cell A1 afer the space and added data. All this data
needs
to be returned in cell C1. With a final outcome of;

A1= Widget A 1/2 widget
B1= (12345)
C1= Widget (12345) A 1/2 widget

ShaneDevenshire

How do I put cell data in between another cells data

Hi,

How about one of these shorter formulas:

=SUBSTITUTE(A1," "," "&B1&" ",1)

This formula assumes that the contents of B1 are text, if it is a number
formatted to show negative with parenthesis then use this variation:

=SUBSTITUTE(A1," "," ("&-B1&") ",1)

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"VictorKulikowski" wrote:

My question deals with editing a description of a good.

What I would like to do is in cell A1 keep the data up to the first space in
that cell. At that point of the space I would like to enter in the data from
cell B1. After the insert of cell B1 I want it to continue on with the
description from cell A1 afer the space and added data. All this data needs
to be returned in cell C1. With a final outcome of;

A1= Widget A 1/2 widget
B1= (12345)
C1= Widget (12345) A 1/2 widget

VictorKulikowski

How do I put cell data in between another cells data

Shane works marvelously I used a combination of both I have a mix of both.

Thanks so much!