-   -   Bringing partial data from one cell into another (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/20662-bringing-partial-data-one-cell-into-another.html)

Jack Taylor

Bringing partial data from one cell into another

I believe that there is a way to bring part of the data
from one cell into another, but I sure can't find the
correct function to make this happen. For example:

"year 2005" is contained within cell A1 and I would like
to bring only "2005" into cell B3.

Does anyone know the formula to make this happen?

Thanks!
JT

N Harkawat

take alook at
Right,
left and
Mid
functions in Excel Help

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message
I believe that there is a way to bring part of the data
from one cell into another, but I sure can't find the
correct function to make this happen. For example:

"year 2005" is contained within cell A1 and I would like
to bring only "2005" into cell B3.

Does anyone know the formula to make this happen?

Thanks!
JT

Duke Carey

Is it ONLY and ALWAYS the last four characters?

=RIGHT(cell address, 4) or =VALUE(RIGHT( cell address,4))