-   -   Formula calculation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/206193-formula-calculation.html)

Marc B.

Formula calculation

I am trying to calculate a column using the VLOOKUP function. When I enter
all of the variables, the function wizard shows the right results, but when I
hit enter to go to the next line, the forumla shows in the cell, not the
results I just saw in the wizard. I am also having a problem with the same
spreadsheet tyring to change a forumla that was working fine earlier, but now
does the same thing as the problem described above. I change the formula,
but when i go to save it, it just shows the forumula , not the results.

Gord Dibben

Formula calculation

Either you have "Show formulas" checked...................CTRL + `(backquote
above Tab key) to toggle off/on.

Or the cells are pre-formatted as text.

Format to General then F2 + Enter to re-enter the formulas.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:17:01 -0700, Marc B. <Marc
wrote:

I am trying to calculate a column using the VLOOKUP function. When I enter
all of the variables, the function wizard shows the right results, but when I
hit enter to go to the next line, the forumla shows in the cell, not the
results I just saw in the wizard. I am also having a problem with the same
spreadsheet tyring to change a forumla that was working fine earlier, but now
does the same thing as the problem described above. I change the formula,
but when i go to save it, it just shows the forumula , not the results.

Marc B.[_2_]

Formula calculation

Gord

Thanks so much, I thought it had to be something simple, just couldn't see
it. The problem was the text formating, changed it and recalculated. Works
fine. Thanks again.