Column A Column B
P1 08:22:00
P2 02:45:00
P1 03:15:00
P3 00:45:00
P3 11:14:00
P2 21:07:00

Column A is formated to contain Text
Column B is formated to contain hh:mm:ss data

Considering the above data set, I want to count the number of cells in
Column B which have values in them (like a COUNTA) but only where Column A =
"P3", for example. I.e. the answer will be "2" for this example.

Gary''s Student

COUNTA with IF in an array

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A6="P3")*(B1:B6<""))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200806

"WildWill" wrote:

Hi

I need asistance with this problem:

Column A Column B
P1 08:22:00
P2 02:45:00
P1 03:15:00
P3 00:45:00
P3 11:14:00
P2 21:07:00

Column A is formated to contain Text
Column B is formated to contain hh:mm:ss data

Considering the above data set, I want to count the number of cells in
Column B which have values in them (like a COUNTA) but only where Column A =
"P3", for example. I.e. the answer will be "2" for this example.

Teethless mama

COUNTA with IF in an array

=SUMPRODUCT(-(A1:A6="P3"),-(ISNUMBER(B1:B6)))

"WildWill" wrote:

Hi

I need asistance with this problem:

Column A Column B
P1 08:22:00
P2 02:45:00
P1 03:15:00
P3 00:45:00
P3 11:14:00
P2 21:07:00

Column A is formated to contain Text
Column B is formated to contain hh:mm:ss data

Considering the above data set, I want to count the number of cells in
Column B which have values in them (like a COUNTA) but only where Column A =
"P3", for example. I.e. the answer will be "2" for this example.

WildWill

COUNTA with IF in an array

Thanks Teethless mama - SORTED!

"WildWill" wrote:

Hi

I need asistance with this problem:

Column A Column B
P1 08:22:00
P2 02:45:00
P1 03:15:00
P3 00:45:00
P3 11:14:00
P2 21:07:00

Column A is formated to contain Text
Column B is formated to contain hh:mm:ss data

Considering the above data set, I want to count the number of cells in
Column B which have values in them (like a COUNTA) but only where Column A =
"P3", for example. I.e. the answer will be "2" for this example.

WildWill

COUNTA with IF in an array

Thanks GS!

"Gary''s Student" wrote: