-   -   Lookup Using Part of a Text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/205934-lookup-using-part-text.html)

Rod

Lookup Using Part of a Text

Hello,

I have three tabs: Team Track Raw Data, Commitments Data and Commitments
Chart. Raw data looks like this:
Name Tot Prem Rec
AAAAA, John Doe $59 $616 3

I want Commitments Data to search Track Data based on first names, i.e. John
and bring back the number in the 4th col, i.e. 3. So, Commitments Data will
look like:

Name Rec
John 3

I will chart John's Rec of 3 in Commitments Chart.

Thank you for your help.

Teethless mama

Lookup Using Part of a Text

=VLOOKUP("*"&A2&"*",'Track Data'!A:D,4,0)