-   -   SUM of conditional formatting cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/205780-sum-conditional-formatting-cells.html)

Esradekan

SUM of conditional formatting cells

I have a worksheet that has cells that have conditional formatting
attached to them. What I need to do is to get the sum of cells with
specific colour backgrounds. Is there a formula that will do that?

Esradekan

Pete_UK

SUM of conditional formatting cells

If your CF condition is fairly simple (like cell contents greater than
100), then you could use SUMIF. With more complex conditions you may
have to use SUMPRODUCT. In either case you need to set up the same
conditions as are used in your conditional formatting.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 10, 12:59*am, Esradekan wrote:
I have a worksheet that has cells that have conditional formatting
attached to them. *What I need to do is to get the sum of cells with
specific colour backgrounds. *Is there a formula that will do that?

Esradekan

Esradekan

SUM of conditional formatting cells

Yep, that will do it, thanks so much.

Esradekan

On Oct 10, 1:09*pm, Pete_UK wrote:
If your CF condition is fairly simple (like cell contents greater than
100), then you could use SUMIF. With more complex conditions you may
have to use SUMPRODUCT. In either case you need to set up the same
conditions as are used in your conditional formatting.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 10, 12:59*am, Esradekan wrote:

I have a worksheet that has cells that have conditional formatting
attached to them. *What I need to do is to get the sum of cells with
specific colour backgrounds. *Is there a formula that will do that?

Esradekan- Hide quoted text -

Pete_UK

SUM of conditional formatting cells

You're welcome.