-   -   How do I get rid of duplicate text? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/20535-how-do-i-get-rid-duplicate-text.html)

DMCunningham

How do I get rid of duplicate text?

I have a database of addresses that contain duplicates. Example is 12 ball
st., and 12 ball street. I need to delete these if they are the same.

thanks

Dave Peterson

The bad news is that st. and street may be the same to you, but they're not the
same to a mechanical routine (like a worksheet function or VBA code).

I think if I had to do this, I'd try to cleanse the data first.

And that could take a lot of time.

--

Dave Peterson