-   -   optional calculations (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/205317-optional-calculations.html)

roger_the_dodger

optional calculations

how do I create an option within a cell to display a different set of values
in a range ? EG MPH/ KPH.
I saw this in a spreadsheet today but could find no formatting etc to reveal
how it was achieved.
It was in the style of an option box,,, click here (spot in a circle) for
set of values 1,,, click here (spot in another circle) for set of values 2
I am using excel 2003

Sean Timmons

optional calculations

Enter your options in a blank part of your worksheet.

in the cell you want the drop-down box in, go to Data - Validation.

In the drop-down select List.

Highlight the values for your list.

In the cell you want your result in, type:

=IF(drop down cell="MPH",calculation for MPH,IF(drop down
cell="KPH",calculation for KPH,""))

HTH!