-   -   sorting problems (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/20528-sorting-problems.html)

sbrimley

sorting problems

My excel file has a header in row 1 from A1 to CV1, row one is bolded and
highlighted to distinguish it from the rest of the rows that holds contact
information.

My problem is that when I go to data sort and I select which column to sort
by it is only hightlighting about 6 columns, so now all the rest of my data
in the unselected columns do not match up with the correct person. I have
even tried selecting no header row and it still does it.

Can someone give me some insight on what I am doing wrong or a solution? I
am using Excel 2002
Thanks
sbrimley

Duke Carey

Are you selecting all the data before doing your sort?

Quick way to do so - Ctrl-* (using the asterisk on the numeric keypad)