-   -   Linking spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/205279-linking-spreadsheet.html)

mrc1986 via OfficeKB.com

Linking spreadsheet

What I have is a master spreadsheet (wb_master) that has tabs for each day of
the month. The tabs are labeled 10-01 thru 10-31. What I would like to do,
is in a seperate spreadsheet (wb_summary), is have one sheet, that will look
at the value of cell (q1) on sheet1 in wb_summary, and then look at the
wb_master and look for the corrosponding sheet ie 10-01, based on the value
of q1 in wb_summary spreadsheet, and copy part of the specified sheet out of
wb_master into wb_summary. Is this something that is possible to do? It can
be a reference between the two workbooks it dose not have to be a copy. I
have been able to make it work within the same workbook by using =INDIRECT
("'"&$Q$1&"'!a"&$A1) in cloumn A I have a helper column with the
corresponding row number (saved a bit on typing the formula), but am looking
to do this in a second workbook.

Any help is greatly apprecated. This is something that I am trying to do for
a charity orginization.

Thanks,
Mark