-   -   Sumif function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/205110-sumif-function.html)

ayrus

Sumif function

I have classifcation types as CC1,CC2,CC3 etc.,.under each classification
there may be different cable types(say 12C,7C,3C etc) and respective cable
lengths.sometimes under one classification there may be n number of cable
types.The above data is one sheet say Cable Data.Now I want in another
sheet(say summary) the total length of 12C,7C,3C cables and how many rows r
there having 12C,7C,3C under the above classifications (CC1,CC2,CC3). Briefly
my summary should be as follows:

Classification Size Total quantity No of Runs
CC1 3C x 2.5sqmm 560 7
CC2 12C x 2.5sqmm 0 75
7C x 2.5sqmm 0 8
I am getting sum of cable length of different sizes using sumif function and
number of rows having 3C,12C,7C using countif function. Please help to get
the above satisfying cable classification also.

pdberger

Sumif function

Ayrus --

Have you tried a pivot table? If I understand the problem, this approach
might be easiest.

HTH