-   -   Using Countif with autofillter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/204729-using-countif-autofillter.html)

John

Using Countif with autofillter

I am trying to use auto filter with the "countif" function?

This Formula gives me a percent for the hole document:

=(COUNTIF(AK3:AK5000,9)+COUNTIF(AK3:AK5000,10))/COUNT(AK3:AK5000)

I want to be able to auto filter the data and have the percent from the
above function change to reflect only the visible info. Basically trying to
count only the number 9 and the number 10 for the visible info divided by the
total number of results within the same column.

ANYHELP????

ryguy7272

Using Countif with autofillter

I think you need to take a look at the subtotal function.
Look at this too:
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip023.htm
Something like this
=SUBTOTAL(2,A6:A3006)
=SUBTOTAL(102,A6:A3006)

I think it depends on which version of Excel you are using.
Anyway, give it a shot and see what happens...

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy