-   -   Date Sequence 2 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/204703-date-sequence-2-a.html)

Daren

Date Sequence 2

I have a spreadsheet with four dates of columns. These dates are supposed to
occur in order, e.g. 4/1/08, 5/2/08, 6/2/08, and 7/2/08. While this is not a
validation question, I need to know if there's a formula to use that can look
at those four cells in the respective four columns and return a TRUE or FALSE.

Thanks.

Pete_UK

Date Sequence 2

Try this:

=OR(A1B1,B1C1,C1D1)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 1, 3:42*pm, Daren wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with four dates of columns. *These dates are supposed to
occur in order, e.g. 4/1/08, 5/2/08, 6/2/08, and 7/2/08. *While this is not a
validation question, I need to know if there's a formula to use that can look
at those four cells in the respective four columns and return a TRUE or FALSE.

Thanks.

Dave

Date Sequence 2

Hi,
If your 4 dates are in A1:A4, then try the following in another cell:
=AND(A4A3,A3A2,A2A1)
Regards - Dave.

Teethless mama

Date Sequence 2

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:D1A1:C1))=3

"Daren" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with four dates of columns. These dates are supposed to
occur in order, e.g. 4/1/08, 5/2/08, 6/2/08, and 7/2/08. While this is not a
validation question, I need to know if there's a formula to use that can look
at those four cells in the respective four columns and return a TRUE or FALSE.

Thanks.

Daren

Date Sequence 2

Thanks.

"Dave" wrote:

Hi,
If your 4 dates are in A1:A4, then try the following in another cell:
=AND(A4A3,A3A2,A2A1)
Regards - Dave.

Daren

Date Sequence 2

Thanks.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:D1A1:C1))=3

"Daren" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with four dates of columns. These dates are supposed to
occur in order, e.g. 4/1/08, 5/2/08, 6/2/08, and 7/2/08. While this is not a
validation question, I need to know if there's a formula to use that can look
at those four cells in the respective four columns and return a TRUE or FALSE.

Thanks.

Daren

Date Sequence 2

Thanks.

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Try this:

=OR(A1B1,B1C1,C1D1)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 1, 3:42 pm, Daren wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with four dates of columns. These dates are supposed to
occur in order, e.g. 4/1/08, 5/2/08, 6/2/08, and 7/2/08. While this is not a
validation question, I need to know if there's a formula to use that can look
at those four cells in the respective four columns and return a TRUE or FALSE.

Thanks.

Pete_UK

Date Sequence 2

You're welcome.

You didn't make it clear what the TRUE represented - in my formula it
would be true for any date out of sequence.

Pete

On Oct 1, 4:49*pm, Daren wrote:
Thanks.

"Pete_UK" wrote:
Try this:

=OR(A1B1,B1C1,C1D1)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 1, 3:42 pm, Daren wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with four dates of columns. *These dates are supposed to
occur in order, e.g. 4/1/08, 5/2/08, 6/2/08, and 7/2/08. *While this is not a
validation question, I need to know if there's a formula to use that can look
at those four cells in the respective four columns and return a TRUE or FALSE.

Thanks.- Hide quoted text -