-   -   Copying Cell Results, Not Formulas, Between Worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/204547-copying-cell-results-not-formulas-between-worksheets.html)

clouts

Copying Cell Results, Not Formulas, Between Worksheets

What I am trying to do is to copy the results of a cell, not the actual
formula, into a new worksheet. For further explanation, I am using a monthly
budget and the last cell, for example, is C65. I want to take that number
and put it into C1 of the next sheet. Now, it wants to move the formula.
Can I move just the number, so I can keep a rolling change throughout the
remaining months?

Mike H

Copying Cell Results, Not Formulas, Between Worksheets

One way,

Try this in C1 of your sheet

=TEXT(LOOKUP(99^99,Sheet1!C:C),"0.00")+0

this will grab the last number in column C of sheet 1

Mike

"clouts" wrote:

What I am trying to do is to copy the results of a cell, not the actual
formula, into a new worksheet. For further explanation, I am using a monthly
budget and the last cell, for example, is C65. I want to take that number
and put it into C1 of the next sheet. Now, it wants to move the formula.
Can I move just the number, so I can keep a rolling change throughout the
remaining months?

David Biddulph[_2_]

Copying Cell Results, Not Formulas, Between Worksheets

Copy, then go to your destination cell and Edit/ Paste Special/ Values.
--
David Biddulph