-   -   getpivotdata refresh problems (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/20424-getpivotdata-refresh-problems.html)

Calgarychris

getpivotdata refresh problems

Hi,

Just have a quick problem with the getpivotdata function -

I have a file with a pivot table in it (call it file A) and a second file
that accesses the data in it via the getpivotdata function (file B). Works
fine but when I save and close the files and then reload file B, the values
update to zero, even though the underlying data has not changed. This
doesn't seem to be in keeping with other workbook references that retain
their data. Has anyone else experienced this? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Chris

Debra Dalgleish

The GETPIVOTDATA function, like some other functions, only returns data
for references in the same file, or another open file.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=299303

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Calgarychris

Thanks very much for the quick reply - that answers my question!