-   -   Adding Columns if Criteria Met (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/204167-adding-columns-if-criteria-met.html)

JD_Ottawa

Adding Columns if Criteria Met

I am using a spreadsheet with multiple colums for each period of a year and
having problems adding a Year To Date summary. See Below:

Period 1 Columns: "Actual", "Plan", "Variance"
Period 2 Columns: "Actual", "Plan", "Variance"
Period 12 Columns: "Actual", "Plan", "Variance"

Summary =
Year To Date Colums: "Actual", "Plan", "Variance"

Is there a formula I can use that would allow me to reference an input cell
to select the current month (i.e. I can input "8" into Cell "A1" ) and the
Year To Date colums would add only columns for P1 to P8?

Any help would be truly appreciated

IanC[_2_]

Adding Columns if Criteria Met

Assuming you have a column (A) containing the period number, Actual is B,
Plan is C & Variance D.

To sum the Actual column:

=SUMIF(A2:A13,"<=" &A1,B2:B13)

To sum the other columns, replace the references to B with C or D.

--
Ian