-   -   Filtering by Colour (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/203855-filtering-colour.html)

Colin Hayes

Filtering by Colour

HI

I have a worksheet of 650 rows.

Certain of the rows are highlighted in green.

How can I group the highlighted rows at the top of the sheet?

Grateful for any advice.

Best Wishes

Pete_UK

Filtering by Colour

In an adjacent column you can add a code (like G for green) against
each of those highlighted cells. Then if you want to filter it (which
is what your heading suggested) you can apply a filter to this helper
column. If you want to group those highlighted cells together, then
you can sort the data plus the helper column, using the helper column
as the sort key, and then all the G's will be bunched together, with
the blank cells below.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 25, 1:06*am, Colin Hayes wrote:
HI

I have a worksheet of 650 rows.

Certain of the rows are highlighted in green.

How can I group the highlighted rows at the top of the sheet?

Grateful for any advice.

Best Wishes

ryguy7272

Filtering by Colour

Check this out:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

regards,
Ryan--

--
RyGuy

"Pete_UK" wrote:

In an adjacent column you can add a code (like G for green) against
each of those highlighted cells. Then if you want to filter it (which
is what your heading suggested) you can apply a filter to this helper
column. If you want to group those highlighted cells together, then
you can sort the data plus the helper column, using the helper column
as the sort key, and then all the G's will be bunched together, with
the blank cells below.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 25, 1:06 am, Colin Hayes wrote:
HI

I have a worksheet of 650 rows.

Certain of the rows are highlighted in green.

How can I group the highlighted rows at the top of the sheet?

Grateful for any advice.

Best Wishes

Peo Sjoblom

Filtering by Colour

Also Excel 2007 has that ability using autofilter

Peo Sjoblom

"Pete_UK" wrote:

In an adjacent column you can add a code (like G for green) against
each of those highlighted cells. Then if you want to filter it (which
is what your heading suggested) you can apply a filter to this helper
column. If you want to group those highlighted cells together, then
you can sort the data plus the helper column, using the helper column
as the sort key, and then all the G's will be bunched together, with
the blank cells below.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 25, 1:06 am, Colin Hayes wrote:
HI

I have a worksheet of 650 rows.

Certain of the rows are highlighted in green.

How can I group the highlighted rows at the top of the sheet?

Grateful for any advice.

Best Wishes

Bob Umlas[_2_]

Filtering by Colour