-   -   replying with attachements (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/203618-replying-attachements.html)

John at Work[_2_]

replying with attachements

Hi all.
Is there a setting that would allow me to reply or reply to all when an
email has an attachement, and I want that attachment to go too? Forwarding
automatically sends the attachment, but replying does not.

Thanks for any tips!

Stephen Bye[_2_]

replying with attachements

Wrong group, but...
Why would you want to do that? Surely the person that you are replying to
already has the attachment.

John at Work[_2_]

replying with attachements

Hi
You are correct, this is the wrong group. As my question is about
spreadsheets, I posted here instead of the Outlook group.
I want to do it because I would edit the spreadsheet before sending it.

"Stephen Bye" wrote:

Wrong group, but...
Why would you want to do that? Surely the person that you are replying to
already has the attachment.

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

replying with attachements

It's still the wrong group. It's like saying that because you listen
to music CDs in your Mercedes you should post a question about
a car in a music newsgroup or because you can print an Excel
spreadsheet you would ask a question about the printer in an Excel group.
Excel has nothing to do with replaying to an email.

Peo Sjoblom

"Stephen Bye" wrote:

Wrong group, but...
Why would you want to do that? Surely the person that you are replying to
already has the attachment.

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

replying with attachements

Btw, you should always save a copy of the attachment to your hard drive or
you won't have it except
in then email(s) itself or in some temp directory. Besides, within a few
emails you won't know the
different file versions.

Peo Sjoblom