-   -   Equation required (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/203497-equation-required.html)

Junaid

Equation required

I am trying to generate an equation to generate the total value in one column
if there are two categories are same in two columns. e.g.
A B C
1 a x 50
2 a y 55
3 b x 90
4 a y 69
5 b y 38

how i can generate the equation while Column A & B are matched.

Regards

Junaid

pub

Equation required

?B?SnVuYWlk?= wrote in
:

I am trying to generate an equation to generate the total value in one
column if there are two categories are same in two columns. e.g.
A B C
1 a x 50
2 a y 55
3 b x 90
4 a y 69
5 b y 38

how i can generate the equation while Column A & B are matched.

Regards

Junaid

this formula will look for a's and y's and sum

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A5="a")*(B1:B5="y")*(C1:C5))

in this case you get 124
row2 and row4 match and get summed.

Mike H

Equation required

Hi,

You don't provide a very good example but there's this
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A5=B1:B5)*(C1:C5))

or this
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A5="A")*(B1:B5="B")*(C1:C5))

Mike