-   -   Adding contents of another cell to the middle of a line of text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/203442-adding-contents-another-cell-middle-line-text.html)

[email protected]

Adding contents of another cell to the middle of a line of text

To save me HOURS of work, i really need to know if there is a way to
replace a part of a line of text with the contents of another cell.
For example if i have: The brown X dog jumps. I would need it to
say: The brown fat dog jumps.
The first line (The brown X dog jumps.) being in column 1 and the word
(fat) to be added in place of the X located in column 2.

I know how to combine the columns but not when the text has to go into
the middle rather than at the beginning or end.
Any HELP i would greatly appreciate.
-Lara

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

Adding contents of another cell to the middle of a line of text

fat in B2,

The brown X dog jumps in A2

=SUBSTITUTE(A2,"X",B2)

now the problem is if this can be any type of letter? If it is a word it is
easier.
However note that all instances of X (case sensitive) will be replaced with
the word fat

Peo Sjoblom