-   -   Conditional Format - greyed out? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/203431-conditional-format-greyed-out.html)

NICGRANT

Conditional Format - greyed out?

Please can someone help me - I have a spreadsheet which I have "inherited"
and trying to add Conditional formatting to a cell, the CF menu selection is
greyed out. Any thoughts why?

--
slickynicky

Bob Phillips[_3_]

Conditional Format - greyed out?

It is probably a shared workbook, there is much functionality not available
in shared workbooks.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"NICGRANT" wrote in message
Please can someone help me - I have a spreadsheet which I have "inherited"
and trying to add Conditional formatting to a cell, the CF menu selection
is
greyed out. Any thoughts why?

--
slickynicky

Mike H

Conditional Format - greyed out?

Hi,

2 Possibilities.

1. is the worksheet protected? If it is un-protect.
2. is the workbook shared?. If it is un-share.

Mike

"NICGRANT" wrote:

Please can someone help me - I have a spreadsheet which I have "inherited"
and trying to add Conditional formatting to a cell, the CF menu selection is
greyed out. Any thoughts why?

--
slickynicky

NICGRANT

Conditional Format - greyed out?

Appreciated - it was a shared w/book. Un-sharing released it.
Thanks
--
slickynicky

"NICGRANT" wrote:

Please can someone help me - I have a spreadsheet which I have "inherited"
and trying to add Conditional formatting to a cell, the CF menu selection is
greyed out. Any thoughts why?

--
slickynicky

Martin Hanson

Conditional Format - greyed out?

Both Conditional Formating and Format as Table are greyed out on my workbook.
The workbook had conditionally formatted cells that need to be corrected. I
beleive it was opened in 2003 and saved in 2003 then I have opened it in 2007
SP2.

The workbook is NOT SHARED and is NOT PROTECTED.

How can I get back to the conditional formatting I need to change?

Thank you.

"NICGRANT" wrote:

Please can someone help me - I have a spreadsheet which I have "inherited"
and trying to add Conditional formatting to a cell, the CF menu selection is
greyed out. Any thoughts why?

--
slickynicky

Martin Hanson[_2_]

Conditional Format - greyed out?

Found the problem; I had multiple worksheets selected becusae I was trying to
conditional format cells on multiple worksheets--apparently that doesn't
work. I will try copying them and then pasting them 3D into the other
worksheets.