-   -   How do I open a file downloading in MS Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/20317-how-do-i-open-file-downloading-ms-excel.html)

shorty

How do I open a file downloading in MS Excel

I have downloading a file off Interent Explorer. I am trying to open file but
it is in a speadsheet and appears in foreign writing when opened. How do I
open the file so I can actually read it.

JulieD

Hi

first question, is it an excel file? and do you have excel on your computer?
you can tell if it's an excel file as the extention of the file will be
*.xls
if it is an excel file and you don't have excel on your machine, you can
download a viewer of microsoft's site which will allow you to view & print
the file -
http://search.microsoft.com/search/r...u=excel+viewer

--
Cheers