-   -   How do i edit links automatically? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/202988-how-do-i-edit-links-automatically.html)

Jaba

How do i edit links automatically?

Hi. Is there a way to replace embedded addresses? Example, cell A1 contains
the following formula =+JAN!A1; where JAN is the sheet name and A1 is the
cell address in sheet JAN. I want to copy the formula into cell A2 but change
the sheet from JAN to FEB to refer to sheet FEB, cell A1. INstead of using
"find - replace" or editing the formula, is there a way to link the "JAN"
portion only to a cell where i can input the month and the link will follow?
I hope this is not confusing...thanks.

Sam Wilson

How do i edit links automatically?

If you put "JAN", "FEB" .... "DEC" in C1:C12 then you can use the following
in B1:

=INDIRECT(C1&"!A1")

and then you can copy that through to B12.

Sam