-   -   unsorted lookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/202933-unsorted-lookup.html)

j.ruderman[_2_]

unsorted lookup

I need a formula, such as lookup, to extract data from an unsorted column. In
this case i'm tring to find the start time for the lunch period.

A B C
random text 7:00a 10:00a
random text 10:00a 12:00p
Lunch 12:00p 1:00p
random text 1:00p 3:00p

=lookup("lunch",A:A,B:B) wont work because A:A is not sorted.

Thanks

Teethless mama

unsorted lookup

=VLOOKUP("lunch",A:B,2,0)

"j.ruderman" wrote:

I need a formula, such as lookup, to extract data from an unsorted column. In
this case i'm tring to find the start time for the lunch period.

A B C
random text 7:00a 10:00a
random text 10:00a 12:00p
Lunch 12:00p 1:00p
random text 1:00p 3:00p

=lookup("lunch",A:A,B:B) wont work because A:A is not sorted.

Thanks

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

unsorted lookup

Hi,