-   -   Average time values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/202904-average-time-values.html)

bpc

Average time values

I have a column of time values stored as 6:30 PM, 9:30 AM, etc. I would like
to calculate the average time of the column. Will the average function work
in this application or should I be using something else? Thank you in advance.

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

Average time values

As long as they are real numerical Excel time values you can do calculations
with them including average

Peo Sjoblom

"bpc" wrote in message
I have a column of time values stored as 6:30 PM, 9:30 AM, etc. I would
like
to calculate the average time of the column. Will the average function
work
in this application or should I be using something else? Thank you in
advance.

Mike H

Average time values

You'll find if you try it average works fine

"bpc" wrote:

I have a column of time values stored as 6:30 PM, 9:30 AM, etc. I would like
to calculate the average time of the column. Will the average function work
in this application or should I be using something else? Thank you in advance.

Bob Umlas[_2_]

Average time values

works fine -- did you try it?