-   -   Create a drop down that adds up a price (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/202784-create-drop-down-adds-up-price.html)

Dimmchip

Create a drop down that adds up a price

I'm trying to create a sheet where I have a series of drop down lists where
each item on this drop down when selected gives me a grand total. For
example, If I have the options:
Apples (.50)
Bananas (.75)
Cherries (1.00)

If I choose apples and cherries in two seperate drop downs, I want to show
my grand total as 1.50.
I know how to create drop downs and validate the data, but I don't know how
to have it reference a price and show a grand running total.
Any insight is appreciated!

Spiky

Create a drop down that adds up a price

Put your options in a little list somewhere. Then use VLOOKUP in the
cells next to your dropdowns to find the prices. And a SUM to add them
up.