-   -   How to keep linked cells blank until information is entered? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/20258-how-keep-linked-cells-blank-until-information-entered.html)

HollyB

How to keep linked cells blank until information is entered?

I have created a two sheet workbook that I hope will save time when entering
infomation. In linking the required cells, I find that when the home cell is
empty, the linked cell holds a zero. I have tried different ways of
formatting the home and link cell, with no luck...

The problem is... the linked inspection sheet recipient does not want to see
the zero in the cell.

Once the home cell comments are entered, the zero dissappears... of course.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

N Harkawat

on the linked cell type
=if(linked cell = "","",linked cell)
Or
Using conditional formatting for all values =0 change the color of the font
to white