-   -   Formula Needed (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/202472-formula-needed.html)

Mark

Formula Needed

I have two worksheets named "Business" and "Information"
In "Business" there are three columns.
Column A has dates in dd/mm/yy format going through to 2020.
Column B has descriptions such as hotel, petrol, expenses etc.
Column C has the price for the item.

On the "Information" worksheet I would like to pull the details from the
"Business" worksheet so that I can get a price for example on "hotel" in
column B between two dates in comlumn A with a total on the price in column
C. The dates from column A need to be specific to the month and year.

Many thanks in advance for all your help.

Mark

Bob Phillips[_3_]

Formula Needed

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Business!A2:A200=lower_target_date),--(Business!A2:A200<=upper_target_date),
--(Business!B2:B200="hotel"),Business!C2:C200)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Mark" wrote in message
I have two worksheets named "Business" and "Information"
In "Business" there are three columns.
Column A has dates in dd/mm/yy format going through to 2020.
Column B has descriptions such as hotel, petrol, expenses etc.
Column C has the price for the item.

On the "Information" worksheet I would like to pull the details from the
"Business" worksheet so that I can get a price for example on "hotel" in
column B between two dates in comlumn A with a total on the price in
column
C. The dates from column A need to be specific to the month and year.

Many thanks in advance for all your help.

Mark

Mark

Formula Needed

Bob,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm still having problems as the formula doesn't return a figure. I'm
guessing that the format of the date is incorrect. This is what I'm using
=SUMPRODUCT(--(RBS!A2:A200=1/4/2008),--(RBS!A2:A200<=31/3/2009),--(RBS!B2:B200="Petrol"),RBS!C2:C200)

Any thoughts?

Mark