-   -   Convert 29.08 hours (shown in decimal form) to time shown in "hh:m (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/202448-convert-29-08-hours-shown-decimal-form-time-shown-hh-m.html)

Nila in Florida

Convert 29.08 hours (shown in decimal form) to time shown in "hh:m

Please help with formula. I have a table that adds up (totals) a list of
"time" in decimal form, and I want to also show this total number in hours
and minutes. I have tried the =TEXT(G26/24),"h:mm") This works if the
total is under 24, but if my decimal number is 29.08, it converts it to 5:05,
and it should be 29:05. I want to put the hh:mm convertion right underneath
the decimal number.
HELP / and Many Thanks!!!
Nila

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

Convert 29.08 hours (shown in decimal form) to time shown in "hh:m

Format as [h]:mm

or using text

=TEXT(G26/24,"[h]:mm")

Peo Sjoblom