-   -   Formating text in a calculation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/202376-formating-text-calculation.html)

Tim

Formating text in a calculation

I have a formula that looks like this:

=CONCATENATE("Placement of ",B7, " inch, ",ROUND(B9,2),"% lime stabilized
subgrade")

I need the cell references to stand out, so I want to format only the two
numbers to underline, boldface, and a larger font size. Is there a way to do
this?

Thanks in advance

Bob Umlas[_2_]

Formating text in a calculation

PARTS of formulas cannot be a different color -- it's all or none. Different
formatting is only for constant values, not formulas.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"Tim" wrote in message
I have a formula that looks like this:

=CONCATENATE("Placement of ",B7, " inch, ",ROUND(B9,2),"% lime stabilized
subgrade")

I need the cell references to stand out, so I want to format only the two
numbers to underline, boldface, and a larger font size. Is there a way to
do
this?

Thanks in advance

Duke Carey

Formating text in a calculation

Sorry, but Excel does not allow you to separately format subsets of a
formula's result

"Tim" wrote:

I have a formula that looks like this:

=CONCATENATE("Placement of ",B7, " inch, ",ROUND(B9,2),"% lime stabilized
subgrade")

I need the cell references to stand out, so I want to format only the two
numbers to underline, boldface, and a larger font size. Is there a way to do
this?

Thanks in advance

sameoldcalvin

Formating text in a calculation

put that in 3 cells and you could do it :)