-   -   Highlight Cell Based Upon Referenced Cell Data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/202326-highlight-cell-based-upon-referenced-cell-data.html)

tee

Highlight Cell Based Upon Referenced Cell Data

I have a row of 21 cells in column A. I have a row of 21 cells in column B.

I want column A4 to change text color based upon number entry into B4.

For instance, if I enter the number 1 into B4, I would like cell A4 text to
change to red.

For instance, if I enter the number 2 into B5, I would like cell A5 text to
change to blue.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tee

tee

Highlight Cell Based Upon Referenced Cell Data

I should mention that I couldn't use conditional formatting because it only
allows me three conditions. I need quantity of 21 conditions.

Thanks!

"Tee" wrote:

I have a row of 21 cells in column A. I have a row of 21 cells in column B.

I want column A4 to change text color based upon number entry into B4.

For instance, if I enter the number 1 into B4, I would like cell A4 text to
change to red.

For instance, if I enter the number 2 into B5, I would like cell A5 text to
change to blue.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tee

ryguy7272

Highlight Cell Based Upon Referenced Cell Data

It may take a bit of work on your part, to customize this and set things up
correctly, but this will give you what you want:
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=223068

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"Tee" wrote:

I have a row of 21 cells in column A. I have a row of 21 cells in column B.

I want column A4 to change text color based upon number entry into B4.

For instance, if I enter the number 1 into B4, I would like cell A4 text to
change to red.

For instance, if I enter the number 2 into B5, I would like cell A5 text to
change to blue.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tee

tee

Highlight Cell Based Upon Referenced Cell Data

Thank you. I will check it out!