-   -   Calculate a Date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/201787-calculate-date.html)

Mac55

Calculate a Date

How would you dtermine a date 2 years into the future and taken to the 1st of
the following month if that date does not occur on the 1st of the month.

For example, hire date is 7/18/08 and I want determine a promotion date that
is 2 years from the hire date. Then because we only give promotions on the
1st day of the month, the example promotion date would be 8/1/10.

What formula would I use to automatically calculate this?

New to date functions.

Fred Smith[_4_]

Calculate a Date

Use this formula:

=date(year(a1)+2,month(a1)+1,0)

Regards,
Fred.

"Mac55" wrote in message
How would you dtermine a date 2 years into the future and taken to the 1st
of
the following month if that date does not occur on the 1st of the month.

For example, hire date is 7/18/08 and I want determine a promotion date
that
is 2 years from the hire date. Then because we only give promotions on
the
1st day of the month, the example promotion date would be 8/1/10.

What formula would I use to automatically calculate this?

New to date functions.

Ron Rosenfeld

Calculate a Date

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 17:16:07 -0700, Mac55
wrote:

How would you dtermine a date 2 years into the future and taken to the 1st of
the following month if that date does not occur on the 1st of the month.

For example, hire date is 7/18/08 and I want determine a promotion date that
is 2 years from the hire date. Then because we only give promotions on the
1st day of the month, the example promotion date would be 8/1/10.

What formula would I use to automatically calculate this?

New to date functions.

=DATE(YEAR(A1)+2,MONTH(A1)+(DAY(A1)1),0)+1

--ron

Teethless mama

Calculate a Date

=DATE(YEAR(A1)+2,MONTH(A1)+1,1)

"Mac55" wrote:

How would you dtermine a date 2 years into the future and taken to the 1st of
the following month if that date does not occur on the 1st of the month.

For example, hire date is 7/18/08 and I want determine a promotion date that
is 2 years from the hire date. Then because we only give promotions on the
1st day of the month, the example promotion date would be 8/1/10.

What formula would I use to automatically calculate this?

New to date functions.

Ron Rosenfeld

Calculate a Date

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 19:22:00 -0700, Teethless mama
wrote:

=DATE(YEAR(A1)+2,MONTH(A1)+1,1)

I think you overlooked this part of the request:

... taken to the 1st of the following month **IF** that date does not occur on the 1st of the month.

In interpret that to mean that

7/1/2008 -- 7/1/2010
7/2/2008 -- 8/1/2010

--ron

Ron Rosenfeld

Calculate a Date

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 18:27:56 -0600, "Fred Smith" wrote:

Use this formula:

=date(year(a1)+2,month(a1)+1,0)

Regards,
Fred.

That does not return the first of the month
--ron

Shane Devenshire

Calculate a Date

Hi,

You could use the formula:

=EOMONTH(A1,24-(DAY(A1)=1))+1

The EOMONTH function is part of the Analysis ToolPak which in Excel 2003 or
earlier, you can attach by choosing Tools, Add-ins, Analysis ToolPak.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire
Microsoft Excel MVP