-   -   drop down list function help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/201743-drop-down-list-function-help.html)

doodiehow

drop down list function help

I am trying to perform a task in excell. I have a list of names for products
in col B.
In col. C I have a list of prices. I need to know how when I use drop down
list at the bottom of B col. I can have it pull down corresponding price into
col. C.

T. Valko

drop down list function help

One way...

Product list in the range B2:B10
Price list in the range C2:C10

Product drop down in B25

=SUMIF(B2:B10,B25,C2:C10)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"doodiehow" wrote in message
I am trying to perform a task in excell. I have a list of names for
products
in col B.
In col. C I have a list of prices. I need to know how when I use drop down
list at the bottom of B col. I can have it pull down corresponding price
into
col. C.

Gord Dibben

drop down list function help

See help on VLOOKUP and Data Validation dropdown list.

You will select the name from DataValidationList and in C you will have
the VLOOKUP formula.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP