-   -   Excel 07 / Data Validation / List / (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/201694-excel-07-data-validation-list.html)

WSR

Excel 07 / Data Validation / List /

When I want to use a list from a separate tab in Excel for drop down choices
I'm not able to Ctrl / Page Down to another tab in the excel workbook to
select the list choices. I have to manually type in the location of the data
in the "Source" box.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Otto Moehrbach[_2_]

Excel 07 / Data Validation / List /

Name the list, say, "MyList".
When you setup the DV cell, in the source box, type "=MyList" without the
quotes. HTH Otto